Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Meet the Author

Image hosted by Photobucket.comFor about a year now, I have been a devoted fan of Jim Butcher. He's a very talented, creative, and funny writer, who I would like to credit as helping me keep my sanity while reading for my MA exam. I had the extraodinary opportunity to meet Mr. Butcher last night at my local library. This was a truly enjoyable experience. The setting was casual and intimate since there were only 10-15 people that attended the first of Butcher's 3 scheduled question/answer times over the next 2 days.

Butcher and his wife, Shannon, are funny, intelligent, and extremely down to earth. Not only did we as a group get to ask questions about Butcher's two current series: the sci-fi/fantasy mystery, The Dresden Files and the fantasy The Codex of Alera, but I also learned a lot about his writing processes (some that I may use in the future or will most definitely pass on to our current bestseller in the making Miss Kari).

All in all is was a great experience. I'd love to go to the other discussions today but I'm sure that would start to border on stalking:) So, if you have never heard of Jim Butcher and his novels, I highly encourage you to check out the following books AND look for the SCI-Fi Channel's Movie of the Week of The Dresden Files. Production starts in November and the movie will be on in the summer of '06. His website is www.jim-butcher.com.

The Dresden Files
  1. Storm Front
  2. Fool Moon
  3. Grave Peril
  4. Summer Knight
  5. Death Masks
  6. Blood Rites
  7. Dead Beat
  8. Proved Guilty (out in Spring 2006)
The Codex of Alera
  1. The Furies of Calderon
  2. Academ's Fury
  3. Cursor's Fury (out in Dec 2006)

No comments: