Total Pageviews

Friday, April 22, 2016

REVIEW: Feverborn by Karen Marie Moning

In Moning's 8th Fever book, Mac is back along with Barrons, Ryodan and Jada (aka Dani) plus a slew of other enemies and allies. Dublin is still in chaos since the wall between Faerie and the human world was destroyed, leaving the very fabric of the universe damaged and the Earth slowly vanishing.

Without giving spoilers, lots of crazy stuff is happening! There is drama within "The 9" that involves Christian. Will Jada ever remember being Dani? Will she finally hook up with Ryodan? Will Cruze escape? Is the entire world going to get sucked up into a black hole??

Feverborn was not my favorite of the series; however, you might ask: why the 5 star rating? I had to bump it up because of the ending.  Moning sure knows how to lure readers in for the kill and then shock them wholeheartedly with a stunning cliffhanger. Years later, I've never truly gotten over the end of Faefever or Iced.  I enjoyed the book as a whole but did feel as if it is just another bridge for the next book. I wanted to see more about the King and the song of making/unmaking but I know Moning is moving toward this big finale. I get so wrapped up in this world and characters that I just want more. NOW!

On to the audiobook about which there was much debate this time around. Starting with book 4, Dreamfever, there has been shared narration between Natalie Ross and Phil Gigante, who is facing criminal charges.  And so, this book is well narrated by Jill Redfield and Luke Daniels, who happens to be one of my top male narrators of all time. Therefore, I loved the change and preferred this performance to the others.

Overall, I loved the book (even if others didn't) but am desperate for Feversong!

Final rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Follow the author and narrators on Twitter: @KarenMMoning @LuckyLukeekul




#fever #feverborn #FeverSeries #Fae #romance #KMM #books #audiobook

No comments: