Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 30, 2016

REVIEW: Chemistry (Inquire & Investigate) by Carla Mooney

*Thank you to Nomad Press for a review copy on behalf of ROYAL and the SWON Libraries*

Let me tell you a story...

Once upon a time, I manager to survive two full years of AP Chemistry.  This remains one of the most challenging times in my academic career.  Somehow I passed but that was due in part to my best friend and lab partner, a patient and dedicated teacher and my own 'never give up' attitude to persevere even what I hardly knew what to do next.

That being said, I wish I'd had an available text like Chemistry: Investigate the Matter that Makes Up Your World. The text is colorful, engaging and concise while appealing to multiple types of learners through visuals, text and additional activities.  
This is basically for beginners with chapters including:
  1. Atoms, Elements, and the Periodic Table
  2. States of Matter
  3. Changing States of Matter
  4. Compounds, Mixtures and Solutions
  5. Chemical Reactions
  6. Acids and Bases
  7. The Nucleus and Radioactivity
  8. Other Branches of Chemistry
Recommended for purchase in public and school libraries for grades 6-9. This text would also be a stellar classroom resource for many teachers.

Final rating: 4 out of 5 stars



#chemistry #science #nonfiction #middleschool #ROYAL #learning 

No comments: