Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 17, 2016

REVIEW: Outtakes From the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Oh Cat & Bones!  These two will probably forever be one of my favorite paranormal romance couples!

Outtakes from the Grave is a short story compilation by Frost feature deleted and some never before released scenes from her Night Huntress series.  Overall, I enjoyed the book and it is always nice to revisit Cat & Bones with their passionate relationship despite lots of ups and downs plus plenty of action, adventure and angst. The audiobook was once again narrated by Tavia Gilbert and she does a stellar job.

For fans of the series, this is a must read.  It is intriguing to see what storytelling might have been in certain instances; however, as a reader, I'm pleased with the narratives which Frost actually published as part of the series.  I miss Cat & Bones and certainly wish we'd get another book in the future but their cameos in the Vlad books keep me entertained.

One criticism of this anthology is the ending.  It felt too abrupt. I'm not sure what I could have wanted but as is it just wasn't there for me.  I felt like there needed to be more closure as a whole.

Final rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Follow the author on Twitter: @Jeaniene_Frost


#outtakesfromthegrave #nighthuntress #Cat&Bones #anthology #paranormalromance

No comments: