Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 16, 2016

REVIEW: Empire of Storms by Sarah J Maas

Aelin's journey toward queendom is far from over. The dark continues to rise and if she and those she hold most dear are to have any kind of a chance, Aelin will need to not only hone her magic but build an army of allies that Erilea has never seen before, many enemies who must now become allies.  Aelin struggles to keep those she loves safe; however, with war looming, she's discovered that a daring quest and long sought answers might ask for significant sacrifices. 

I can't speak highly enough about this fifth book of the series nor all the Throne of Glass books as a whole.  These take epic fantasy writing, world building and character development to a whole new level.  While still categorically YA, these books are speeding into the new adult and beyond genres.  I adore them but caution that they should be for a mature reader. They are violent and increasingly sexually explicit--not to be found in a school library.

Overall, the narrative was brilliant. I laughed. I gasped in delight at the excellent action sequences, the surprises, the revelations, the long awaited proclamations of love and attraction AND I cried myself to sleep when I finished the book........NO LIE!

I can't fathom having to wait an entire year for the next part of this story. I guess I will have to find solace in starting the series again from the beginning and waiting impatiently for the television series to make its debut on Hulu.

Final rating: ALL THE STARS!!

Follow the author on Twitter:  @SJMaas



#EmpireOfStorms #ThroneOfGlass #fantasy #YAlit #adventure #magic 

No comments: