Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

PROGRAM: DIY Picture Frames

The lastest Crafty Creations theme was DIY Picture Frames. This was a fun and easy craft project suitable for many ages although ours was limited to ages 12-18.  

Supplies:
  • Plain wood picture frames. (I inherited some leftover from another program but ours basically looked like these.) These frames are generally sold in packs of 12 for around $15 but I have seen larger packages with 50 frames for about $70.
  • Craft supplies (use anything you've got and let teens use their imaginations)
    • Sharpies
    • Glitter
    • Googlie eyes
    • Buttons
    • Pom poms
    • Duct tape
    • Ribbon
    • Sequins
    • White glue
    • Hot glue gun & glue sticks
Other Recommendations:
  • I recommend that this be a registered program with limited spacing available.  I had 12 frames so that was my limit and I had to stick to it.
  • Try to be as organized as possible:  
    • Pass out the frames
    • Have all decorating supplies in one area where participants can go to browse for what the want
    • Have a glue gun station (with proper supervision) - we had two out but I recommend more if you have them


Teen Creations - enjoy these pics of what teens made!











#teen #program #library #teenservices #DIY #crafts

No comments: