Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

REVIEW: Deep Dark Fears

Deep Dark Fears is a humorous and at times, creepy, collection of 100 comics illustrated by Fran Krause and based off of fears submitted by readers and a few of his own.  These fears run the spectrum from the plausible to the wholeheartedly ridiculous.

I thought this was hilarious and all too true of some of my deep and darkest fears.  What I can conclude is that people are weird.  Sadly, I'm weird too since even some of the creepy, silly, realistic, and/or implausible scenarios might have crossed my mind at one point or another.

The fears themselves are interesting and memorable; however, Krause's illustrations vividly bring these fears to life.  I recommend this to graphic novel fans but also readers who enjoy humorous adult nonfiction that is unique and quirky.

Final rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Follow Fran Krause on Twitter: @deepdarkfears




#Fears #GraphicNovel #Humor #DeepDarkFears #nonfiction #bookreview #whatimreading

No comments: