Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 2, 2016

REVIEW: Dating the Undead

Dating the Undead is a fantastically done parody magazine by Gena Showalter and Jill Monroe. Reading like a magazine, complete with advertisements, this is a truly unique guide to loving an immortal man whether he's a bit un-dead, furry, feathery or fiery.

I'm a huge fan of multi-genre formats and this certainly fits the creative bill. I adore the Cosmo-esque, fashion magazine format.  It is hilarious but also well done.  I can't imagine all the hard work that went into layout and editing.

For Showalter fans, there are snippets to the Lord of the Underworld series, so if you love those dreamy, yet badass guys, check this out if you haven't already.

This read left me wanting to get up on Showalter's series and with a strong desire to much on some Doritos.  I think my favorite part was the Immorstrology.  Apparently, my dream guy is could be a vampire, werewolf or a dragon!

Final rating: 4 out of 5 stars



#DatingTheUndead #parody #humor #GenaShowalter #LordsOfTheUnderworld #romance #supernatural

No comments: