Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

'Shadowhunters'

I was actually pretty excited to learn the Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series will be adapted for television by ABC Family for the 2016 season.  I think the series lends itself to be serialized for this medium rather than film.


I enjoyed the theatrical release; however, I do not think the studio or media did it justice with an obscure release in late summer.  Furthermore, while I liked Lily Collins as Clary Fray, I felt as if other key characters, especially Valentine and Jace were misrepresented to a degree. Jamie Campbell Bower just wasn't the right fit for Jace and as much as I adore Johnathan Rhys Meyers, I think most fans of the series would concur that Valentine should portrayed differently.


Television will give this world room to grow.  I can easily see creators delving not just into the Mortal Instruments books but shifting back and forth to the Infernal Devices trilogy as well.  Based on his performance as Christian Ozera in Vampire Academy (2014), Dominic Sherwood, should make a compelling Jace. It doesn't hurt that he is Taylor Swift's video guy of the moment in 'Style.' Sherwood is definitely pretty enough to be Jace, let's just hope the rest of the casting goes as well. 

What do you think?


#shadowhunters, #cassandraclare, #mortalinstruments, #dominicsherwood



No comments: