Total Pageviews

Friday, April 10, 2015

REVIEW: Love and Other Unknown Variables by Shannon Lee Alexander



“Scientifically, I know beginnings don't exist. The world is made of energy, which is neither created or destroyed. Everything she is was here before me. Everything she was will remain. Her existence touches both my past and my future at one point- infinity. 
Lifelines aren't lines at all. They are more like circles.
Its safe to start anywhere and the story will curve its way back to the starting point. Eventually.
In other words, it doesn't matter where I begin. It doesn't change the end."  ~Charlie


This book surprised me.  Back in November 2014, this was recommended to me during an author visit to my branch by Mike Mullin.  He and his wife were visiting for the day for a book talk regarding his (fantastic) Ashfall series and holding an afternoon long writing workshop for teens. They knew the author and had both read it and loved it. 

I made note of the title and swore I'd get to it in 2015.  I knew literally nothing about the plot but adored the cover and thought I was going to experience a typical YA realistic romance plot.

I. WAS. WRONG.

I certainly wasn't prepared for the emotional upheaval story of Charlie and Charlotte.  I do not want to give too much away but think The Fault in Our Star or another particularly sad read that had you bawling your eyes out.  

RECOMMENDED: for readers who enjoy similar fiction from the likes of John Green, Sarah Dessen, and Katie McGarry. #tissuesrequired #realisticfiction









No comments: